The Student Environmental Alliance (SEA) promotes the ecological health of the campus, Chestertown community, and Chesapeake Bay region.
- Campus garden
- Earthen Oven
- Environmental immersion and outreach
Join the Cause!
So you understand the benefits (and drawbacks) of recycling. You see value in growing food locally and composting. You enjoy hiking and camping. You dig community service. You like learning about wildlife. Sound like you?
SEA inspires ecological thinking at the College and our members get to weigh in on administrative issues.
Starting with Sustainability
Sustainability means that we aren’t degenerating the world we inhabit. SEA works toward making the College a regenerative campus.
Recent topics SEA has advocated
1) Director of Sustainability in Strategic Plan
2) Environmental Science Department
3) Environmental Studies Honor Society
4) Waterfront campus LEED certification
5) Green dorm
6) Environmental headquarters
7) Plastic water bottle ban